Since Ralph claims that he "knew at least 7 [of the songs from the playlist quiz] off the top of [his] head, and could have gotten a few more if [he] had time to think about it"--and since that post drew more comments than all the quotes of the past two months put together--I've decided to do one more round. (And if that sentence exhausted you, it's Buechner's fault.) I'd also like to add a little twist: the songs will be ranked, with the more obscure ones worth more points.
1) "Good times come and good times go / I only wish the good times would last a little longer."
2) "Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul / It lights up like a can of gasoline"
3) "I don’t believe you, you’re not the truth / No one could look as good as you / Mercy!"
4) "I'd do anything just to fall asleep with you / Will you remember me? 'Cause I know I won't forget you"
5) "I wanna publish zines and rage against the machines / I wanna pierce my tongue / It doesn't hurt, it feels fine"
6) "It didnt seem to bother him, he didnt seem to mind / His cathartic life just buried somewhere in the timeline"
7) " 'It's time to fight back', that's what Huey said / two shots in the dark now Huey's dead."
8) "I don't need somebody new on the television, 'Send your money and we'll send you a new life' "
9) "You know he's been around the world / Last night he flew to Baghdad in his magical armchair"
10) "We love like God but you don't belong here"
11) "Another evening falls, she finds me here at the window / She doesn’t need to ask, it’s always the same thing / She’s waited four long years, I know there can’t be many more"
12) " 'You're day will come, hold on.' / I'm not that strong, at all"
13) "Who'd have thought it would end like this, without even a good-bye kiss? / No one could say we didn't try / The years flew past, we tried to make it last / But the love got left behind"
14) "So I keep telling myself something's going to change / Maybe I'll get lucky then I can smile again / 'Cause that's what I want to do / I want to smile for you"
15) "We went to the Philly Pizza Company and ordered some hot tea / The waitress said, 'Well no, we only have it iced' / So we jumped up on the table and shouted, 'Anarchy!' "
16) "We could get a little place down by Gilmour Park / You could do a little time and save my broken heart"
17) "When I come home feelin' tired and beat / I go up where the air is fresh and sweet / I get away from the hustling crowd / And all that rat-race noise down in the street"
18) "He climbed his ladder / There was nothing there and now it's a long way down"
19) "If you take me out, please don't forget to take me home / If you take me to a party, please don't forget the microphone / If we take my car, then please don't try to touch the radio / 'cause the midnight sun is burning, bringing peace into my soul!"
20) "I'm so tall, can't get over me / I'm so low, can't get under me"
(Click here for the answers)